Monday, February 21, 2022

Sowing and Reaping and Clock Cogs





I can't answer why some prayers are answered instantly and why others take time, sometimes, a lifetime.

From *my* prayer perspective, I see only the need and pray for the desired outcome.

It's like the face of a clock. I see the hands ticking around and marking time.


From God's perspective, He sees the need,
He sees me praying,
He knows my heart's motivation,
He sees the answer,
He sees how others are involved,
He sees their heart,
He sees the connection,
He sees the future of how that answer will ripple-effect others for years to come.

Using the clock metaphor, He sees behind the face of the clock to how each cog is aligned and connected for movement.

My prayer is so much more than me, yet it involves me. It involves others and their will to be involved and their faith which may take extra time.

I know the Bible mentions Jesus is acquainted with our weakness. He understands how it feels to mourn. He, too, has felt the sting of loss and betrayal. He prayed for people to return to a relationship with God. Even Jesus couldn't do miracles in one town, because of their lack of faith. And, He wept.

The promise found in today's verse encourages me to keep praying that prayer that I can't, yet, see the answer. Keep bringing that need before Him praying His perfect will be done for His glory. Plant those tear-soaked need-seeds at His feet believing the answer is coming. Keep rejoicing, in advance of the answered prayer, over the fact He keeps His promises!

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy (Psalm 126:5).

~ "Sam"

No comments:

Post a Comment