Friday, June 14, 2019

Ready. Start Walking.

06.14.19.  Remember the five-minute stillness challenge? Have you done it, yet? I did it, again, today. Actually, I think it went longer than five minutes, because my quick peek revealed the alarm on my phone didn't set. 

During the 5 minutes-plus, I reminded myself of His goodness and that everything He does is good. How could He be anything other than what He is? 

As I quietly honored the Lord, words like feathers softly landed in my soul. 

Milk
Vessels of Honor
Desire for us
Aim is perfect

Some have scripture addresses.

1 Peter 2:2: "...desire the pure, spiritual milk of the Word. Cry out for this nourishment."

1 Timothy 2:21: "If you keep yourself pure, you'll be a vessel (utensil) for honorable use. Your life will be clean and ready for Him to use you for every good work."

Song of Solomon (Songs) 7:10: "I am my lover's and His desire is for me."

I need these words. I need all of the soul macro-nutrients. As they are consumed I become healthy and ready with energy to burn for any good job or "honorable use." I don't have to get ready, because I am ready! Can you imagine holding up a finger asking God to wait until you could skarf down a pb&j?

If you've been keeping up with these #100DaysOfSummers devos, you may remember this is my read-thru year with the Bible. The New Testament reveals God's desire for me, but the Old Testament opens a window into God's personality. I love this! It's like turning the corner into a hallway and bumping smack dab into His chest while He makes a goofy face feigning the breath got knocked out. A glimpse reserved for those dearest and nearest.

How about His aim? 
Perfect.

In the Day 14 devo in EMBRACED, Lysa TerKeurst recalls a divine activity He created for her to participate. God's aim is perfect because of being all-knowing, omniscient. He knew when and where the lives of everyone involved would intersect and Lysa was ready for the good work.

When our son was a teenager, we told him to start walking -doing life- and God would bring about divine intersections. It's the same for you and me.


The Lord directs the steps of the godly. 
He delights in every detail of their lives. 
Psalm 37:23

Today, a friend I haven't seen in over a year came to the morning fitness class. Afterwards, we headed to The Juice Bar to catch up on life. Turns out, her son and his fiancé were, also, headed there. Over açaí bowls on a wobbly table in the sunshine, the conversation evolved and laughter eased some of the more difficult topics just as naturally as if we had grown up, together. And, then, it was over. 

Although nothing overtly spiritual was detected. God's aim is perfect. Even if it was for pure joy and healing laughter, I have to believe our little impromptu brunch was His design. One never knows what the future holds, but God does. I choose to be ready.

I invite you to look back into situations where God divinely timed a connection. Feel free to share, below. I'd love to read how He delighted in the details of your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment