Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Interruption Thou Art a Love Letter

06.04.19.  You've been there. Yesterday, I was.

Plans were laid out. My eye was on the To Do List. Time and creativity appeared to be on my side. 

Then, life happened. 

Like the game of Jenga, unexpected interruptions pushed and pulled the foundation blocks of my carefully planned day toppling most of the structure.

Sparing you the details, the internet stopped working. <insert frustrated glare>

What's funny-not-funny is the correlation to the Day 3 devo in EMBRACED I had read earlier in the morning when the checklist was fresh and I was smiling. 

Throughout the collapse, my mind darted back to the devo and Lysa TerKeurst's great expectation of how her verse for the day would refresh itself repeatedly during the day, because it was a gift lovingly meant for her on that day. 

I know solace is to be found in the Words of God. I wasn't in the mood to find it. Still, I thought of Him. Right there, in the middle of my aggravation, His words were still alive and active in my spirit pulling me back to Him. That's a love letter!

God used my Day 1 love letter, Hebrews 4:12, to interrupt the interruptions and continue the process in my spirit for softening and sharpening. 

What I had wanted to post, yesterday, was something totally different and of my own creating, but what He wanted to create in me is so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment