Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Soul-Satiating

07.02.19.  Truth. Trust. Provision. Seeking. Soul-satiating.

Terry, my hubby, knows me inside-out. Terry sees me doing all the things and filling up the daily schedule and, when having been totally spent, he sees me fall into bed. Terry knows I love to travel and store up memories to recall, later. He may have planned this weekend to be a birthday trip to East Tennessee, but it was so much more. 

Soul-satiating space that could not be interrupted by the demands of schedule nor a cell signal. 

Soul-satiating pace with the perfect rhythm for Terry and I to walk hand-in-hand and to talk face-to-face about something or nothing in particular and to sing silly songs.

Soul-satiating place perfectly situated with water and bluffs and wildlife and a canoe for two to explore the good things of our living and loving Heavenly Father. Did I mention I'm a 7w8 on the Enneagram?

Soul-satiating grace. That's what grace feels like to me. 

It runs deeply to care for the things we keep buried, because they hurt too deeply. It soothes
and fills the dry, cracked, calloused areas exposed and desensitized by overuse. Soul-satiating grace is that soft
place to fall back and unclench our spirits to trust Truth. It is the provision of spiritual nutrients we are lacking, because we have gone too long unaware of being depleted and weakened.

Why and how do I allow myself to become empty? When does it happen? It's not penciled into my planner with a set date.

After I was full-up, again, I believe I caught a clue.

An intimate, soul-satiating relationship with God is not accidental. It is intentional.

Even though I plan daily devotions and attend Sunday worship service, my mind can fire a dozen different directions without fully being in those moments with Him. If I am not intentionally listening and not purposefully positioning myself to have my soul satisfied to the fullest measure, I will be back at that place -again- wondering why and how and when did empty happen?

Singer-Song Writer and worship leader, Jason Upton, raises his voice in lyrical prayer in Wild and Free with this one line that makes my soul agree - "Lord, fill my heart till it's full on hunger."

That deserves a two-hands-raised-in-praise!

I'm thankful for spotting the EMBRACED book by Lysa TerKeurst at a ladies' conference. I'm thankful for her devotions sparking my spirit for these 32 days, because the devotions have pointed to what is good and necessary and soul-satiating -- a deeper, intentional relationship with the One who loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment