Friday, June 28, 2019

Birthday Wisdom

06.28.19.  I almost typed 06.28.64. Today is my birthday! "Double nickles" is what a friend said when I told her I'm 55. You better believe this senior citizen asked for the 10% discount on the first purchase that offered it. 

Yesterday, in the EMBRACED book, Lysa TerKeurst asked the question, "What holds the key to your heart?" and I paused.

For the past two days, Ephesians 3:14-21 MSG has been my altar call. 


"God, I ask you strengthen me with Your glorious inner strength, Lord. Plant my feet firmly so that I can stand with others to fully experience the extravagance of Your faithful love to know its full height, depth and width and length. I ask for a full life that is full of You and fully Yours. I ask to see miracles and be part of miracles by Your Spirit working in me and through me." 

(cue the tune "Yes and Amen" by Jesus Culture)





Have you ever prayed the Word using each verse as your personal message to God and from Him to your soul? 

Every morning, my soul feels like that vibrant flower in need of a drink of cool, fresh water. Head and shoulders bowed just slightly from doing life in daily elements that spend her supply of energy until she thirsts for more of His Voice-Written-Down. Then, with face turning upward, she fills up with the goodness that strengthens her to fully and gloriously be who God created.

If you are looking for sage wisdom from an old, experienced one, this is it: I would encourage you to ask yourself Lysa's question and ask God to help you discover the answer as you pray His Word. He promises to hear our cry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment