Wednesday, July 24, 2019

100 Days of Summer 47-54/100

07.24.19.  The goodness of God questioned.

During the past week, hubby and I have been uber busy with ministry and the other responsibilities that our names are associated with. Sharing a home-office computer is a little like doing a dance. 

"While he's with a minister, I'll duck in for a quick stab at the blog." 
"She's doing classes and her 'office' days are Monday and Friday, and I need to get a report done."
"If I don't blog really quickly before he wakes up, then, I'll have to wait until tonight after dinner."

All the while, my brain is pinging on ideas to spiritually connect the dots of the next EMBRACED devo to the next EMBRACED devo and the next day's until there's a week of days piled up and not blogged about. Allow me to catch-you-up on the pile without toppling it over and trapping you underneath...

Lysa TerKeurst has transitioned into Part 3: Embracing Him in the Midst of the Hurt & Heartbreak while asking questions most of us have asked. 

Is God good? If so, how can He allow all this craziness, tragedy and hurt?
Is God good to me? 
Has He rejected me? Do I trust God? 
Where is God when my heart is crushed? 

Smack dab in the confusing middle of a hard-press heartache, I have screamed out to God, "Where are You? Do you see, this?" I'm not the only one. Lysa shares the crushing of her childhood and I'm wide-eyed and jaw-slacked saying, "Me, too."

First, you soooo need this book. Order it here or here. When someone asks what you want for Christmas, tell them about it! Then, you could start your first 100 days of the new year with it!

Next, God IS good. The living and loving Heavenly Father is concerned about everything about you. Even when we question His existence or care about us or the chaos of the world, He is still good. Even when our heart is so heavy to the point of rupture, He is good. 

During a sermon, a father-figure during my teenage years made a statement that stiffened my spine, "How you see your earthly father is how you see your heavenly father."

There's not time enough for me to develop the blog, this morning, because hubby needs the office and I need to get to my classes.  So, to leave you in a state of "Wait, what?" I'm simply going to leave the blog hanging as you think over that statement: How you see your earthly father is how you see your heavenly father. 

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from Ohio! I'm bored to death at work so I decided to check out your website
    on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the info you present here and can't wait to take a look when I get home.

    I'm amazed at how fast your blog loaded on my mobile ..
    I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow, fantastic site!

    ReplyDelete