Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Decisions, Doubt and Dumb Little Ducks

06.05.19.  I loved reading Lysa's devotion, today. In it she spoke about decisions and deep knowings, and the courageous yes and confident no. 

I loved the three questions she posed to the young mom to help her to make a God-directed decision. Pearls of Wisdom to be desired.

Doubt definitely can cause one to hold her breath for a hot minute while weighing the details. 

Doubt has caused the same reaction in me. Reasons for my personal bouts with doubt: 

  • I truly don't know the answer.
  • I can sense how important a decision is to the other person. 
  • I don't trust the outcome. 

There are topics for which knowledge and wisdom have trained my brain. There have been situations when I am totally clueless, but I have an opinion. Don't we all?  Intuition, gut feeling and knowing are easy dance partners for me with daily decisions.

Where it gets tricky is the hard, life-effecting call demanding a decision and there doesn't seem to be an easy solve.





On August 23rd, T and I will celebrate 34 years! We've come along way. In those early years, it took the goofy decision to strengthen our future, decision-making skills. It was a costly lesson. One day a similar opportunity presented itself. Well, we were no longer dumb little ducks. Not only had the previous misstep provide a bitter memory, it had taught us to invite God into the process.

Colossians Chapter 3 is full of the good stuff. Rich with practical tips, each verse lays out how to live a life full with Christ and live fully with one another. Verse 15 was where we decided to hang our hat. 

"Let the peace of Christ control your hearts..." 

After the goofy decision, wisdom taught us to pray, sleep on it and upon waking, encourage peace to lead the way. If there's no peace, there's no moving forward. 

The scripture ends with "...and be thankful." Can I tell you how thankful I have been to not be burdened down with regret? 

And, when peace had us to seek counsel, trusted leaders provided valuable, God-led insight.

In the Day 5 devo of EMBRACED, Lysa TerKeurst states, "God has woven into us the ability to discern what is best if we're closely following Him." Now, there's the key! We must spend time with Him to simply know. Our spirit will recognize His Spirit with each decision to trust and follow-through. Make the wise decision to invite Him.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, i think that i saw you visited my site thus i
    came to “return the favor”.I'm trying to find things to enhance my web site!I suppose its ok to use
    some of your ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I have really enjoyed
    browsing your weblog posts. In any case I will be subscribing in your feed and I hope you write
    once more very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I discovered your website by the use of Google while looking for a similar topic,
    your website got here up, it appears good. I've bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

    Hello there, simply became aware of your weblog via Google, and found that it's really informative.
    I'm gonna watch out for brussels. I will be grateful in the event you continue this in future.

    A lot of people will be benefited from your writing.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think what you wrote was actually very logical. However,
    what about this? what if you added a little information? I am not suggesting your content is
    not good., however what if you added a post title that grabbed people's
    attention? I mean "100 Days of Summer 5/100" is kinda vanilla.

    You should peek at Yahoo's home page and note how they create article headlines to get
    people to open the links. You might add a related video or a related pic or
    two to get people interested about what you've got to say.
    Just my opinion, it might make your posts a little
    bit more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, just wanted to tell you, I enjoyed this post. It was helpful.
    Keep on posting!

    ReplyDelete