Sunday, November 6, 2011

"I'm too Tired to Cook" Pot Pie

Because it's the holiday season --
Because I'm a "Center of the Pie" kinda girl--
Because it's a pleasant diversion from the regular blog--
I give you a quick and easy recipe for any evening when there's energy enough to muster falling into bed!


"I'm too Tired to Cook" Pot Pie
2 (10 3/4 oz) cans Cream of Potato Soup
1 (16 oz) can Mixed Veggies, drained
2 cups Chicken or Turkey or Ham, cooked, shredded or diced
1/4-1/2 cups Milk
1/2 teaspoon Thyme 
1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper & Salt
2 9" Refrigerated Pie Crusts
1 Egg, slightly beaten


*Press one pie crust (room temp) into pie plate.
*Combine first six ingredients and pour into crust.
*Cover with top crust and crimp edges to seal. Slit top for steam vents. 
*Brush with egg, if desired.
*Bake 375 degrees, 40 minutes.
*Let set for 10 minutes and serve.


Feel free to let your creative juices flow! You may adore rosemary instead of thyme or diced ham with only potatoes. Sprinkle the top with seasonings or other herbs.


Have fun, relax and let me know how your take on the pot pie turned out! 


~"Sam"
P. S.  My friend, Hershey, gave me a wonderful Pennsylvania Dutch recipe for "Shoo Fly Pie" which is as much fun to make as eat! Coming next week...



No comments:

Post a Comment