Thursday, February 23, 2017

Book Review: The Dream Giver

The Dream Giver

by Bruce Wilkinson
with David & Heather Kopp
Multnomah Publishers, 2003


My hubby and I were trying to get on the proverbial same page as we considered launching a new ministry for ministers and their families when he handed me this older book he had completed. He felt it was my taste of writing and it was! I love that he knows me! Just one problem: The Dream Giver stirred hope deep inside.

When I've dared to dream a dream and it wilts, the roots of that dream can be watered with hope for life to spring back into it. But, when a dream dies, hope seems to die with it. 

"You were born for this" is the Dream Giver's encouragement to a guy named Ordinary, who eventually left his Comfort Zone in the Land of Familiar to pursue his Big Dream. The encouragement stirred up emotions so raw, I had to set the book aside to quietly pour my prayers into a journal... this would occur many times before I could complete the book. The Dream Giver gently brought wounds to the surface in the protection of Sanctuary where healing could begin and took much longer than I care to admit.

  • Does your Big Dream seem hopeless out of reach?
  • Do you feel like you don't have a Big Dream?
  • Are you waiting for something or someone to make your dream happen?
  • Then you're ready for The Dream Giver.

Author Bruce Wilkinson gives you -the reader- practical advice and biblical truths in overcoming obstacles toward pursuing and achieving your dream. 

Now, it's time to begin your journey.


Available in both hardcover and digital on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment