Monday, June 17, 2019

Time Well Spent

06.17.19. HA! Turns out my Day 15 of #100DaysOfSummer blog post segued like a well cued song on the radio for Day 16 Devo in Lysa TerKeurst's EMBRACED! So, I skipped posting and waited for today.

If you've just jumped into my blog series, know that I am spending 100 days reading her 100 devotions found in the EMBRACED book and asking God to deposit into my spirit and spark something that flies tandem with that day's devo. I'm not rewording her daily devo, but allowing God to bring another fresh word into my focus.
And, as an added bonus, in prayer and praise before reading the EMBRACED devo, I place myself in a position of hearing God speak. Although I don't ever recall in my life hearing His audible voice, sometimes, words and phrases land in my mind. Sometimes, a knowing happens. I have spent my time just 5 minutes quietly thanking Him for stuff while at other times, I have walked and worshiped for a lot longer. Any time spent in God's presence is time well spent. 
This morning, within the non-profit/ministry, MVP Leader Group, my hubby and I launched, we decided to declare Psalm 34. I chose to use The Message version to pray each verse aloud while the tune "Surrounded (Fight My Battles)" written by Michael W. Smith was on repeat on my Spotify account.

When I started declaring the verses, I was seated. By verse 7 I was up on my feet doing battle for the lives of my family, friends, and preachers and preacher's wives! If you haven't read Psalm 34:7, lately, let me just let ya in on a promise: God sets up a circle of protection around us while we pray! 

Woah -- the picture in my brain is that all of heaven snapped to attention and God commissioned one of those big guys (or two) to guard me while I was wielding the sword and the shield! "Boys, our little princess-warrior is running to the front lines. Let's provide air support."

Here's the dealio, when we spend time in a position of openness reading His Words written down (the Bible) and in prayer, He is faithful to guide our focus -then and later- for making decisions. 

Lysa lays out some straight up truth and wisdom for "Chasing Down Our Decisions" using Proverbs 27:12 as a springboard for her Day 17 devo. She offers, "Our decisions aren't just isolated choices. Our decisions point our lives in the direction we're about to head." Good decisions head us to a good place. Likewise, poor decisions lead to a destination that tends to cost us more in the long run. Read Lysa's Day 17 devo of chasing down a decision before it's made.

I choose to spend time listening to the Lord for good decisions and good directions which have a positive effect/affect (I always get those confused.) on my life for the future. It's doing life with God for His name to be great instead of mine.

BTW: You can get EMBRACED: 100 Devotions to Know God is Holding You Close on Kindle, Audiobook, Hardcover or MP3 CD on Amazon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment