"Tom and Jerry," our cabbies, are friendly and attempt to communicate about the Holy River of India (more on that) and the suspension bridge (2nd largest in the world) joining the two parts of the West Bengal state. Ultimately we are deposited 40 miles/60 km from our intended destination at a hotel where gracious hospitality is a warm welcome to two very fatigued travelers.
Smiles, this morning! I still don't know what day it is and I have to wear a ponytail. The young men are attentive and seem to address most of their conversations toward me. I enjoy pleasing everyone with my Hindi. "Dhanyavad" (Thank you) and "Namaste" (Hello).
|Mark Buntain's Well-Worn Tool|
Namaste. Such a beautiful word spoken with palms together. Translation: I see the divine in you.
My prayer and scripture theme for this trip reflects Namaste. "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead, they put it on a stand and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in Heaven."
What else, today?
|Rollin' on the River|
- Get to our real hotel and connect with Team USA!
- Tour the Volunteer Centre at Calcutta Mercy Hospital Campus and touch the well-worn tool belonging to Mark Buntain used to preach countless sermons and winning people to Jesus!
- Hang on for a treacherous drive through Canal Slum just minutes away from the hospital.
- Kiss my honey while floating down the Ganges, Holy River of India, at sunset!
- Enjoy the best Indian food, EVER, with Team USA and Team Kolkata (you'll meet them, this week).
Shubh Raatri (good night).
P.S. Don't miss a day of our adventure! Follow us for updates!