Tuesday, August 14, 2012

2-on-Tuesday Recipe: Easy Home-Brewed Mocha Iced Latte

During these long, hot "dog days" of summer, I do enjoy an iced latte or iced coffee and have watched enough baristas to get a bead on a pretty good attempt at my fave flave: #DecafSoyMochaIcedLatte! With a couple of changes, you can stir your inner barista to life, too!

"Mercy Coffee" - Bold Roast 
Hershey's Chocolate Syrup (I chose Special Dark, but milk chocolate would work, too)
Silk Vanilla Soymilk
Ice Cubes


  • Brew "MERCY COFFEE" a bold roast (we're working on a decaf blend) and allow it to cool
  • In a tumbler that has a lid & straw, swirl the chocolate syrup around the sides and bottom
  • Add some ice cubes
  • Pour brewed coffee over cubes leaving room to add vanilla soymilk
  • Attach lid and swirl to stir...it's all in the wrist!
I'm sure you could use caramel syrup OR caramel & chocolate syrups. I've been told the difference between iced coffee and iced latte is a shot of espresso. I dunno, but our Mercy Coffee is a great bold blend for this recipe! Don't get all weirded out over the soymilk. I haven't experimented with vanilla syrup to know how well it would work with your choice of cow milk.

So, after you've barista'd in your own kitchen, let me know...

~"Sam"
P. S. "Mercy Coffee" (whole or ground beans) may be purchased from me at $15 per 1 lb bag. The proceeds from each pound will feed, educate & medically-assist approximately 50-100 people! We're working on an online source where you may order. 

No comments:

Post a Comment