3 cups Yellow Corn Meal
S&P or Tony Chachere's Cajun Seasoning, to taste
2 lbs Catfish Filets or Nuggets
1 pint Oysters, drained
Oil *My family uses peanut oil, but you can use Canola
- Heat oil in deep pan. I prefer cast iron.
- Combine cornmeal and seasoning. Dip wet fingertip into mixture to check taste.
- Dredge/Coat catfish in cornmeal mixture & ease into hot oil
- Tip: Don't overcrowd. Oil will bubble over onto stove creating fire hazard & a mess!
- Tip: Fish is ready when it floats to the top & is gold brown!
- Drain on newspaper...that's what Pappaw did!
- Repeat for the oysters!