Tuesday, September 18, 2012

BOOK REVIEW: The Story of Beautiful Girl by Rachel Simon

The Story of Beautiful Girl
by Rachel Simon
Grand Central Publishing Hachette Book Group, 2012

Never once when selecting this book would I realize how much of an effect the content would have on me. As I submerged into the story, the ugly truth was laid out with regard to the treatment, care and understanding of a precious community many individuals feel uncomfortable acknowledging. Believe me, my emotions ran the gamut.

Setting: rural Pennsylvania, 1968. 

The story is in its second printing with a new cover. The original cover may have had a silhouette of a young lady. A Reading Group Guide with Discussion Questions is provided.

Please join me at 2pm for 2-on-Tuesday's Recipes. Yes, recipesss. FOOTBALL FOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment