Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Book Review: LIFE EQUITY by U. S. Congressman Marsha Blackburn

Life Equity
by Marsha Blackburn
Thomas Nelson, 2008


The life you've led
has prepared you for the life 
you dream of.

When I saw the title, I knew I'd love this book. We are born with innate strengths, talents, preferences. College may be a memory or a longing. As we weave our way through life, we begin to develop skill sets. Never before in time have we seen women move forward in fields of public leadership. Did they start out with that goal in mind?

With the foreword by Amy Grant, this book contains stories of young women starting out and women who worked in a specific field only to go back to school and redirect their lives when many would retire.

Strengths + Passions + Experience = Life Equity
  • How do I make a difference?
  • Do I have what it takes?
  • When the children are out of the nest, what then?
  • Do I have dreams, yet, unfulfilled? 
  • Why do I undervalue myself?
This is one of those inspirational books which challenges you to take inventory and pursue your passions!

Rep. Marsha Blackburn is the U. S. Congressman for Seventh District of Tennessee. Most recently she was honored with co-chairing the Republican Party's Platform Committee and was our state's only elected speaking at the Republican National Convention in August.


No comments:

Post a Comment