|This has nothing to do with the recipe.|
I just thought it was funny!
The first time I made this dish, my honey took one bite, nodded his head and declared, "Oh, yeah. This is what you'd serve to company." I knew I had a keeper! If you love mushrooms, you'll doubly love it!
Just Wild About Mushrooms Lasagna
Prepare Lasagna noodles to al dente.
Thick White Sauce:
- 1 quart Milk, heated (Soy Milk will work)
- 1 stick Butter (or Pressed Coconut Oil)
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
In a saucepan, heat the above ingredients over medium to medium-high heat until thickened. Then, add:
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
Saute sliced mushrooms. Tip: Too many mushrooms in saute pan will cause unwanted steam, instead saute to desired doneness in smaller batches.
- 2 tablespoons Butter (or Pressed Coconut Oil)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2-4 fist-fulls of Mushrooms (I prefer to use 2 different varieties)
In a smaller, deep casserole dish, layer in order, the following:
- Sprinkle Parmesan & Mozzerella Cheeses
- Ending with noodles and cheese!
Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Serve with a side salad and a great bread!