Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Colorado Vacation

Sensing both of us needed a non-working related vacation, my hubby wanted me to explore options within an easy driving distance from Nashville. He knows I love the planning of the journey just as much as the journey itself!

The same day he tossed the beach ball idea into my head, we received word an uncle had passed away in Texas. With that, we adjusted our schedule and just thought, "Because of the funeral, we'll already be 12 hours closer to the Rocky Mountains. Why don't we see if anything's available in Colorado?" A friend suggested I check into Homeaway.com or VRBO.com to see if there may be any great lodging reservations on such short notice. I found a jewel at Keystone, Colorado!

No, this is not a commercial for those websites or even for the resort. I know there are other travel enthusiasts, like me, who love a great tip and to share an even greater tip with fellow travel-bugs! Here's the listing: http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p103040vb. I wish I had saved the review I wrote which captured my thoughts exactly, because I was so refreshed! The pictures on the website were exactly what it looked like when we opened the door to Room 3065. HOLY COW! Provided: Baggage buggy from the private garage, Tide detergent for the stackable washer/dryer, kitchen utensils and cookware, dishwasher detergent, spa quality toiletries, K-cup coffee & cocoa. We felt Summit County lacked diversity in restaurants, but that didn't matter to us. With the gas appliances and grill in the condo, it was decided we could make delicious meals as a couple and not spending as much $$ eating out. It turned out great for our mostly-plant-based nutrition!

Keep in mind, we love to be outdoors on vacations and hiking is a cost-effective, stress-reducing pleasure! But, there were so many other activities in the mountains surrounding our condo, usually a haven for winter sports, they've managed to thrive in the summer! Temps: 75/43 degrees! We really wanted to mountain bike the ski trails and ride horses around Dillon, but we just didn't want to be with anyone else nor on someone else's time schedule. Face it--alone time and sleeping late is a treasure!

I thought I'd share a few of our fun pix from Keystone/Dillon/Silverthorne, Colorado, in beautiful Summit County! COLORADO IN THE SUMMER? IS THIS DONE? YES!














No comments:

Post a Comment