Tuesday, July 30, 2013

2-on-Tuesday: Hungry Quebbie Crêpes

In 2013, I started the year off participating in #FoodiePenPals. My March Foodie, Jo Beaudoin, over at Diary of a Hungry Québécoise shared some of her culinary, Quebec (or "Quebbie") heritage by bestowing me with her mom's recipe for crêpes!

I was always afraid of attempting to prepare crêpes because it's a French food preparation. Silly me. Jo assured me of the simplicity and tastiness of this breakfast-dessert. And, with her blessing I give you a dainty detour from my plant-based nutrition journey.

Hungry Quebbie Crêpes

4 eggs

1 1/4 cup Milk
1 cup All Purpose Flour
5 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
  • Mix all the ingredients and whisk until you get an even consistency.
  • Heat a large pan to medium.
  • Spread a big spoonful evenly on the pan making one crêpe, at a time.
  • When the edges start to get crispy (or lacy), flip it until lightly browned!
Now, what to stuff  or top it with?

Well, if one is gonna veer from her wise nutritional choices, she may as well make it flavor-FULL! Here are a few ideas:

  • Softened goat cheese sweetened with honey
  • Top with your favorite fresh fruit
  • Dollop some cherry, blueberry or apple pie filling
  • Whip powdered sugar into softened cream cheese
  • Drizzle with 100% Maple Syrup!
Not only were the crêpes lovely to look at, but they were wonderful to devour. Bon appétit!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you liked them! My mom would definitely be proud. :)

    ReplyDelete