Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I Love Mondays!


Yep, that's right! I LOVE MONDAYS! That has not always been the case. In earlier (and much younger) years, I was busy doing ministry and working and building a life full of fun and energy…until Monday morning. 

Monday morning, I hated the alarm clock and people and my job. My attitude was disagreeable. Cross me and you might be reduced to a melted form of skin and hair from my glare. I would keep to my desk under a dark, foul cloud of contempt for the day. If one's life is a reflection of what's going on inside, then I was a terrible representative of a life for Christ on Mondays.

This was actually on a Monday in Northern California
when my hubby caught me taking in the
fragrance of the Sierras on the breeze!
The Holy Spirit gently corrected me about my disdain for the day. It didn't feel gentle. I was convicted. It was as if a hot, arrow tip lanced my heart. I knew I was wrong.

You know the difference between conviction and condemnation. Conviction is from the Holy Spirit whose job is to draw us back to the heart of Jesus. Condemnation comes in the form of thoughts like, "I'll never change. I'm not good enough. I feel like a phoney! Why bother?" Condemnation is one of satan's tools to get us to give up and pull away from our loving, living heavenly Father.

I wrote a note to myself for the following Monday to serve as a reminder not to settle back into the old habit. In time Monday came easier, somehow softer. A new feeling of expectation began to grow as to the possibilities and opportunities that Monday yielded.

Work hard and cheerfully at whatever you do; as though you were working for the Lord instead of people” Colossians 3:23 (NLT).

I choose to serve God with a smile, a ready hand and a pleasant attitude, because it’s all for His glory. I desire favor and opportunities to be deployed on my behalf as align my life to the Word. Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment