|The Coffee Marathon |
Pa Bunk's route - 5.8 miles
Instead, other events overrode my plans and took me on another journey where people matter more than the miles and points logged. Should I be so bold to call these event "divine encounters?" YES!
When I would have been pounding the pavement, concentrating on breathing and sweating it out...
- I connected with old friends doing the daily business of speaking life into their congregations.
- I met a group of pastors, pastor wives, students and church people who heard our story of Calcutta. As a result 25,000+ people in Calcutta will receive food for, at least, one day!
- I engaged in prayer with other friends who need miracles.
- I dreamed with a dear friend those big dreams that are way too big for just her or for just me and know it will take God to bring these dreams to fruition.
- I was introduced to a woman who had it in her hands to creatively be obedient to how she felt God say to bless people in Calcutta. I never would have seen this one coming!
- I considered my hubby before myself and he turned right around and supported me.
Paul wrote the Believers in Philippians, "Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too." But, then, he took it even farther by adding, "You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had." (Philippians 2:3-5)
I may be able to just barely tolerate my schedule being changed and fake a smile through gritted teeth when considering others, but the Lord knows my heart. He requires me to genuinely be concerned with other's lives and considering them with His love.
Funny thing, the Lord somehow manages to turn it all around and gave me back some time and energy to get some 10K training accomplished!
Completing Training Week 4, I increased my mileage and worked on speed. There are 60 days until the 10K!