Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Say What You Need to Say



Life is too busy to let words of life go unspoken.
I love you. I value you. 
I forgive you. 
Please, forgive me.

Of all of the useless words we let fly out of our face on a daily basis, shouldn't we be purposeful with words? 

  • Intentionally building a relationship. 
  • Strengthening love with family. 
  • Freeing someone's spirit from fears and insecurities. 
  • Defusing tension...real or imagined.

Giving someone a "piece of my mind" may seemingly endow them with more than they had. But, will my words tear them down just so I feel better about myself? Life is too unforgiving.
Is it worth it?

Words need to be spoken -or written- to call out that spark of greatness in a younger person's life which they cannot see.
Was there a teacher, school guidance counselor or youth pastor who saw your potential and suggested a profession?
How about an employer or department director who complimented your hard work causing your untapped creativity to surface?
Or, what about that sweet note you received from someone when you were going through a rough spot or grieving the loss of a loved one?

Words of life offer hope
Without hope, people give up in despair. 
Words of life give healing to wounded spirits.

Join me in swallowing down pride or insecurities. 
Say what needs to be said.
**Proverbs 15:23

No comments:

Post a Comment