Friday, August 1, 2014

Sam's Middle Half

Back in June a couple of weeks prior to my 50th birthday, my hubby and I joined the limited registrants for the Murfreesboro Half Marathon commonly referred to as "The Middle Half." It's a fast, flat course everyone says is great for newbie HMers and helps their PRs/PBs (personal record or personal best) sparkle.

Today marks 70 days until the gun starts the race on October 11. I'm feeling anxious. 

As of this writing, the farthest I've gone using intervals (running with walking intervals) is 8 miles. A half marathon is 13.1 miles. So far, my training has been casual, but it's time to focus. I've never done anything like this. And, already it's pushing me waaaay beyond my comfort zone. Did I mention I'm feeling anxious? I'm gonna be straight up with ya... I need help!

I have 2 requests:

  1. Follow me on Twitter at @SamaleeAllen or on Instagram at @samaleerose.
  2. Daily/Weekly/Sporadically send some motivation or a swift kick-in-the-pants my way using the hashtag, #SamsMiddleHalf.

That's it! I plan to live my training socially out loud to hold myself accountable which will serve, also, as a strong motivator. Your digital cheers will mean a great deal to me. Thanks, in advance for your support!

<inhale> Ok. Here we go! <exhale>

2 comments:

  1. You've got this! Trust your training and enjoy the run! Following :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS, JILL! Right now, travel and training are NOT good friends. They will just have to get over their disagreement! HA! Trust you are well!

      Delete