|Curry is available in|
multiple colors and intensities
Butternut Squash with Apple Soup
4 cups Onions, chopped
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
2 tablespoons Butter (or Pressed Coconut Oil)
2 tablespoons Curry Powder (mild, medium or HOT!)
- Saute these first four ingredients.
- In a separate large pot, simmer on low the next five ingredients until fork-tender.
|Scoop seeds out of the|
squash before peeling
5 pounds Butternut Squash, peeled and chunked
4 large Apples, peeled, cored & chunked (I choose Honeycrisp or Braeburn because they are tart and cook well)
2 cups Water (or for more flavor use Chicken Broth)
2 tablespoons Salt
Black Pepper, to taste
- Using either a Food Mill or a Food Processor, mill or pulse all of the above cooked ingredients into your preferred texture for soup anywhere from velvety to coarse.
- Add only enough apple juice to thin the milled ingredients to your desired thickness.
- Heat & Serve with a great bread!
- Save the rest for easy lunch OR freeze it for a cold, winter day!
This same recipe is great substituting PUMPKIN for the Butternut Squash!
Happy Fall Y'all!