Tuesday, July 2, 2013

2-on-Tuesday: Greek Black Bean Burgers

HA! YES! This was a great recipe I picked up from Lindsay over at The Lean Green Bean!

Seitan is pretty great, but this filled that hawhnger in mah belly! Easy to make. My hubby found it yummy, too! I served on a bed of greens with sliced tomatoes and a dollop of olive tapenade on the side! But, it could have easily been between two buns with lettuce and tomatoes. I'm pretty sure this would be awesome rolled into "meatballs" with spaghetti...TONITE!


Greek Black Bean Burgers

1 small Red Bell Pepper, roasted, peeled & diced
2 3/4 cups Black Beans (I used 2 cans), rinsed
1 1/4 cup Quinoa, cooked and drained
1/4 cup Hummus (homemade or store-bought)
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup Onion, diced
1/2 cup Breadcrumbs (all I had was Panko, which worked great!)
1/2 to 1 teaspoon Greek Seasoning

  • Use a potato smasher in a medium bowl and smash those black beans!
  • Add quinoa, hummus, garlic, Greek seasoning and onions and combine well.
  • Add red pepper, feta and breadcrumbs. Mix until breadcrumbs are well combined.
  • Form into patties (or "meat"balls) and squeeze firmly to make sure they stick together.
  • Bake 400 degrees for 9 minutes - FLIP - 9 more minutes! 

I baked on parchment for ease of scooping, flipping and clean-up! Don't be skeered to re-use the parchment you just baked one batch of burgers on. Bake the second batch on that sheet of parchment.

How else can I use this recipe? Hmmmm....

~"Sam"




No comments:

Post a Comment