Tuesday, October 15, 2013

2-on-Tuesday: Provençal Tomato Gratin

Without a doubt Ina Garten, The Barefoot Contessa, is my favorite of the celebrity chefs! Her recipes just work for my tastebuds! 

Each time I've prepared this recipe, I've altered it, largely in part to the abundance of grape tomatoes on-hand. And, with only Us2 Empty Nesters, we just need 1/2 the recipe. I'll list what the recipe calls for, but feel free to make adjustments ... plus or minus.

Provençal Tomato Gratin

3 pints Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, halved
1 1/2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup Olive Oil (I always use less oil than called for. After all, fat is fat.)
1 teaspoon Thyme (Mine was fresh frozen)
S&P
3 large Garlic Cloves, peeled & finely chopped (I didn't reduce this. I love garlic!)
1/3 cup Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley (I didn't have parsley. Went with 1 T of dried basil!)
2 cups Bread Cubes (I prefer PANKO, instead!)

  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  • Slice the toms into halves and toss with a tablespoon of olive oil, thyme and S&P. Spread toms evenly in baking dish. I used my 9x9 brownie dish.
  • Because I halved the recipe, there was no need to drag out my big food processor to make the topping. In the same bowl I used to toss the toms, I mixed the finely chopped garlic, basil, Panko and just enough olive oil to coat the mixture.
  • Sprinkle the crumbs evenly over the toms.
  • Bake 40 minutes until the crumbs are golden and the toms are bubbling.

Très Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment