Thursday, December 19, 2013

2-on-Tuesday: White Chocolate - Candy Cane Truffles

Why, YES, I do want to dazzle guests with my culinary skills! Even if you do notknow how to turn the oven on, you'll look amazing presenting these on the dessert table or as gifts!

I picked up the recipe on Pinterest from YourCupofCake.com and assembled the ingredients. Used my stand mixer for the truffle fudge and just left it in the same bowl. Sealed the top of the bowl with plastic wrap and left overnight in the fridge until I was ready.

I used my indispensable Christmas Kitchen Tool #25 (aka my hammer) to crush the candy canes inside a freezer zippered baggie!

When I was ready, I scooped the truffle fudge out, rolled into cute little one to two inch-ish balls and quickly rolled in the crushed candy canes. To top it all off, the dazzling little truffle went into mini holiday paper cupcake liners.

Really, there's nothing to it! Here's the recipe...


White Chocolate - Candy Cane Truffles

4 oz.         Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup        Powdered Sugar
1  1/4 cup White Chocolate Chips, melted (Hershey's Premiere White)
1/2 tsp      Peppermint Extract
1/3 cup     Candy Canes, crushed
  • Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
  • Melt white chocolate chips in the microwave, just until the chips begin to melt and give them a good stir to complete the melting. You do not want to scorch the chips!
  • Add melted chips and peppermint extract to cream cheese mixture beating until smooth and creamy!
  • Cover and refrigerate. (As soon as it is cooled and set, you could start a'rollin, but I waited until I had the time the next day!)
  • Use a mini ice cream scoop for ease and consistency for your truffles. Then, roll it in between your hands into a smooth ball. 
  • Roll around in a bowl of crushed candy canes!

Tips:
**After I made a batch, I stuck 'em back in the fridge until serving time. 
**The website suggests: Roll in candy canes the day you plan to serve them. Or else the candy layer will get sticky from absorbing the moisture in the chocolate.

OK! Go be dazzling!

No comments:

Post a Comment